Sunday, August 5, 2018

More household projects...

Popcorn ceilings..... Why on earth did anyone ever think those were a good idea!?! :)
 
 
We decided to do the dining room and kitchen ceilings with paneling.  The guys all worked together to hang it and then while we were out of town Daniel did all of the trim. 
 
 
I was very happy with the way it turned out!
 

This wall just makes me happy.  My dad went to New Orleans Baptist Seminary.  This is an old New Orleans plate that belonged to my parents.  I framed his Alma Mater Hymn and hung them together.
 

The popcorn ceilings were the ugliest in the kitchen. I guess the heat from cooking made every bit of dust stick. They were impossible to keep clean.  This will be SO much easier to scrub down and put fresh paint on when needed. 



We went ahead and replace ceiling fans and light fixtures while we were at it!




The biggest mess of all was the sheetrock ceilings.  Again, the guys got it all hung and then while we were at Jekyll Daniel did the mudding and sanding.  I was so glad we didn't have to be home during all of that mess!

Matthew was scraping ceilings and we laughed at his "gray hair". :)  There was a sea of white powder everywhere!  I didn't think we would ever get it all cleaned up!



He did a great job with all of the trim.  When we got back I painted the entire downstairs.  I decided not to hang everything back up.  I just donated a box full of Hobby Lobby decorations this weekend.  It wasn't that I didn't like them.... I just wanted it to be a little simpler.  The wall above the couch brings me joy! :)


So... we start school tomorrow.  Projects will wind down for now. Well.... I do have an entertainment cabinet that I am getting ready to chalk paint.  That won't be too bad though!
 
~Until next time......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the simplicity of it all. It's an encouragement to see since we're working on the same!
~Olivia