Sunday, April 15, 2018

Strawberry pickin' time...

This past Friday we carved out a day to go strawberry picking! 
 

The weather was perfect and we all loaded up in the van to take off.

 
Spring of 2013 I took my seven kids strawberry picking. I took a picture of them and made a comment that I bet that would be the last time I had all seven with me. (Macheus was a newborn.)  That has been true for the past four years until this year!  Right as we were pulling out Matthew drove up.  He had gotten off work early!  We asked him if he wanted to ride along and he did. :)  Love that he still doesn't mind hanging with us!
 



I bet we said, "Only pick red ones!"  a thousand times. :)


So sweet enjoying the next generation doing all of our traditions.




Of course, we couldn't leave without the kids getting ice cream.  Matthew gave Elliott a taste.  The baby has never even eaten a solid yet!  I told him payback would be coming when he has kids. :)


                                                        She was so cute!
 


He was proud of his bucket! They worked so hard! :)



                                             


She tried to like the strawberries, but I don't think she got the concept of eating something she had just picked.












                                                    I spy a bee.



We picked a total of nine buckets!  I spent a small fortune on strawberries!



                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fast-forward to Sunday..... Strawberry jam!!! We will put a few in the freezer for smoothies and eat the rest fresh!!!
 
~Until next time......

No comments: