Saturday, October 10, 2015

Busy week

Last week I took Madeline up to my dad's to spend a few days.  She told me last summer that she would like some time to visit with him by herself. I think my older children realize that they better soak it up.  When he is gone there will be no link to the past. He has outlived all of his family and my mom's immediate family.
  McKenzie and Daniel went up there over the weekend and they all went to the mountains for the day.  When they headed home we decided for her to bring my dad back down here to spend some time with us.  When my mom was alive they would always go to the Georgia National Fair with us and he hasn't gone since she died.  He has spent the week with us so that we can take him.  He has had a "lively week" as he described it. :)




One of the boys has walked with him on his daily walk each day.


When it comes to eating out, he thinks there is nowhere but Cracker Barrel.  Mariah is always his checkers buddy!
 


 And... just because he is so stinkin' cute!



Today just us girls went to a friend's wedding.   The weather was perfect and the venue was a beautiful southern home.


I love my girls!




Isn't it gorgeous!


 
~Until next time...


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

It was nice to see you at the wedding, although we didn't get to visit. I agree. It was beautiful- the weather, the venue and the bride. :)