Sunday, August 30, 2015

Weekend ramblings...

It has been a busy week.  I am sitting here waiting on the steamer to make more scuppernong juice for jelly making.  We have been very busy with canning lately!  I'll post some pictures soon.  Thank goodness my girls know how to do it too, so that helps!  McKenzie has even come down for some canning fun! :o)
 


We have had a lot of rain this summer.  So strange for it to be green and fairly mild in August.  I'll take it!


One day we had a downpour and before I knew it the boys were out playing in it and were drenched.


The rain wasn't so bad, but it didn't take them long to gravitate to the mud!


There has been so much negative in the news lately.  If you are on Facebook you probably have been bombarded with it too.  Since school has started back I have limited my time on it (realize what a waste of time it is!), but I have been reading some of the Planned Parenthood stuff and the latest Ashley Madison scandal.  Of course, being in the homeschooling realm the news of Josh Duggar was very upsetting.  Like most people, I was shocked and disgusted.  I have read articles and posts about it, some good and some not so much.  What has bothered me the most are the Christian adults that pass judgment on his parents as if they somehow failed as  parents.  That's a scary place to be, to think that your parenting is somehow superior and your children won't ever fail.  Lord have mercy on me and my children!  I pray we never have to deal with sexual sin.  The sad thing is that Josh Duggar (or any other of the millions of "Christian" men that have committed adultery) will bear the consequences the rest of their lives ." Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body." 1 Corinthians 6:18

I hope he gets the help that he needs and that the Lord works a miracle in his marriage and family.  I was talking to my dad ( who will soon turn 90!) about it the other night. I told him how people were criticizing his parents just as much as they were Josh.  His response was, "That is sad.  Christians can be some of the cruelest people to their own."  I thought that was insightful coming from someone his age that spent his entire career in the ministry.


Well, it is now Sunday night and I didn't finish this post yesterday like I had planned.  Yesterday was completely filled with canning and laundry, and more canning and more laundry.......
This morning we went to church and I came home and crashed with Macheus.  I don't nap often, but once in a while it sure is nice!  Matthew took the girls to see "War Room" this afternoon.  Marc and I went Friday night with McKenzie and Daniel.  It is well worth the money to go!


Tomorrow will be the start of another busy week!  Mondays are piano day so we get going early.  I don't do my shopping on Mondays anymore.  It is just too hard dragging the boys through the stores.  I usually end up forgetting stuff, and they have much more fun going to the park during that time!


As you can see in these next pictures they didn't last long until they hit the mud!  They were covered by the time I finally made them come in.  They say dirt builds the immune system.  Theirs should be like a freight train! :o)



Oh, this little boy is such a mess!  Even when the weather is dry he manages to get filthy just about every day.  His thing lately is to go play in the chicken house.  It is so disgusting!  The chickens free range during the day so he uses the house as his playhouse I guess! :o)


Malachi has matured a lot in the past year. He doesn't get into shenanigans with Myles all the time, but once in a while he still likes to get in on it!
 
 
Well, I am tired and I need to get to bed.  If I don't go ahead and hit publish, this post will sit in my drafts for a week!
 
Goodnight!

1 comment:

McKenzie Elizabeth said...

I love everything about this post. :) Love you, mama!