Thursday, July 9, 2015

25th Anniversary!

June 23rd Marc and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary!  It seems so weird that we have been married that long!  Marc started talking about us getting away months ago and I sort of drug my feet.  It wasn't because I didn't want to go, but I was worried about leaving the kids (especially Macheus!)  I've never left my youngest child.  In the past if Marc and I went on a trip we would take whoever was the baby at the time.  Years ago my mom kept my oldest two so that we could get away and we took Madeline with us.  Since then the few times we have gone on a trip together we had McKenzie at home and we would still take the youngest one with us.  Marc told me Macheus couldn't go! :o)  He asked me where I wanted to go and my first thought was the beach somewhere.  We just went in May on a business trip to St. Simons Island and we are headed to the beach as a family soon.  I thought it would be fun to do something different.  So.... we headed to the mountains and stayed in a cabin!
 

The morning we left was so weird!  Since my mom died three years ago we haven't done much of anything by ourselves.  Matthew and Madeline did a great job "holding down the fort" and it was also nice knowing that McKenzie wasn't far if they needed her.
 
 
Marc researched for over a month to find the perfect cabin for us to spend our week in.  He did a great job.  We had a beautiful mountain view!




This was the outside of the cabin.


This little bear ended up being quite a joke.  Our first hike that we went on was to the top of Amicaloa Falls.  When we were hiking back down I heard a noise up the mountain.  I glanced over thinking, "What if that is a bear!?"  There sat a baby black bear!  I whispered in a frantic voice, "Oh my gosh, there is a baby bear!  Hurry!"  I never walked so fast in my life.  I didn't want to run and cause the mama bear to come after us but I booked it out of there! :o)  We only heard the mama, but I didn't give it much time to stand and look around.  After the fact I kind of wish I had tried to take a picture.



This was by far my favorite hike that we did!  We hiked out ten miles to a place called "Hike Inn".  Hikers can spend the night there and they have bath houses and a kitchen that serves three meals a day.  It was neat as a pen and you aren't aloud to throw ANY trash away there.  They had a "pack in-pack out" policy.  It was pretty cool to see a place that has NO roads leading to it.


(That is my pink phone on Marc's clip.  I wanted the pictures on my phone.  He said he felt like a dork with a pink phone. :o) )

Blue Ridge Railway.
 

This was the beautiful road leading up to the top of our mountain where we stayed.  We were literally... on TOP of the mountain!



                                      The cabin was so cozy!


                                                                Our view.


Another one of our hikes!  We went non-stop the whole time!



This was when we made it to the top.  We were being goofy. :o)


Just a little bit sweaty!

Looking down from the top of Amicalola Falls.  It was absolutely gorgeous!


 
Another one of our adventures was canoeing.  It was pretty fun!  The river was low in a few spots and that made it a little stressful at times!  I just didn't want to flip over!



                                                          So pretty.....


Another one of our hikes!  We logged some serious miles!  My body didn't miss its daily run at all!



On our actual anniversary night we grilled a steak dinner at the cabin.  After working out all day it tasted amazing!

So many cool places along our hikes.



We stood on the Georgia-Tennessee line.


He was in Georgia and I was in Tennessee! :o)

 
My "He-man"! :o)
 

 
This was after our white water rafting trip!  That was something that I'm glad I did (I guess...) and I don't know if I care to go on one again!  It was pretty intense at times.  Our raft almost flipped and Marc and the other man in front fell out!  My feet were so wedged under the seat in front of me that I probably would have gotten stuck and drowned if it had flipped!
 

Marc and I went walking the other night down our country road.  We were talking about our anniversary trip.  It was so much fun and definitely a very special memory!  Life with Marc has always been an adventure!  Marrying him is one of the best things that has happened in my life!

No comments: