Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Historical Tour

About a month ago we took a trolley ride tour of a town that we used to live in.  My parents lived there until my mom's death three years ago.  My sister brought my dad to go on the tour with us.
 

The weather was perfect and our tour guide did a wonderful job.  Marc and I lived in this town when we got married and our first three children were born while we lived there.  I never really loved the town while we lived there and definitely have no desire to move back, but I do have some good memories from our time there.


These first pictures are from the military college that Marc was attending when I met him!  We got to tour some of the buildings, so that was fun for the kids to see!


There are some beautiful homes there and definitely a lot of history!




This was one of the old churches in town.  We heard  stories about Sherman's famous "march to the sea" and how much damage was done during the Civil War.


The inside of the church was beautiful!


The kids posing with Grandpa outside of our trolley.


Me with my girls.


After lunch we spent some time at a park where my older ones use to play.  The kids enjoyed walking on the path around the pond.


 It was a fun day making memories with family.  Another good field trip for Mariah finishing up her year of studying Georgia History!
 

No comments: