Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Mariah

Marc took McKenzie and Madeline on a short business trip with him.  It just so happened that while they were gone Matthew got sick.  Thank goodness for Mariah!
 


Mariah loves the animals, garden and the outdoors every bit as much as McKenzie does.  She was outside getting chores done when it looked like a storm was coming.



I had already showered but knew she would need some help hauling water if she was going to get inside before the storm hit.  Whenever I have to go outside to help with chores it makes me really appreciate all that the kids do every day!  Our billy goat is really mean and has huge horns!  He came charging at me when I tried to water him.  He will be used this fall for breeding and then he has to go!


                                                            A girl and her horse


The above tree is a Bradford Pear that McKenzie and Matt planted in memory of my mom the summer that she died.   I am so glad that it is growing and doing well.  It is outside my bedroom window and will be beautiful one day!

 
Mariah and "Candy"


I took this picture a couple of weeks ago.  The watermelon field across the street has since been plowed under and replanted.  They planted rye which should be a beautiful, green ground cover by the time the wedding is here!


We have had a pretty mild summer this year but it has been dry lately.  We are praying for rain so everything stays green for the wedding!

No comments: