Monday, February 10, 2014

Playin' Baseball and other ramblings...

  I can't believe it is almost the middle of February.  Usually it seems like January and February are slow months but it has been really busy this year!  Tuesday is one of our busiest days.  The girls take piano lessons in the morning and we have home school co-op classes in the afternoon.  I always try to make use of the trip to town and get other things done too.  This past week was the debate between Ken Ham and Bill Nye.  I really wanted to get home in time to settle in and watch it.  We rushed to the grocery store and then had to meet Marc at Lowes to pick out a new freezer.  We recently were blessed with a very economical way to get a whole, grass fed cow.  The only problem was, even with two refrigerators and one upright freezer, we didn't have enough space!  We managed to get the freezer home, unload, get the little guys bathed all in time to watch the debate!  I thought Ken Ham did an excellent job too!  He has so many other things he could have said to "hammer" at his opponent, but his focus was on sharing the gospel because he knew there would be many atheists watching it.  His closing statement made me cry!  He is such a neat man!
 
 
 We have had a colder than usual winter this year but yesterday and today have been like spring!  I hated to call Myles in for a nap, but I knew come supper time I would regret it if I didn't!  I hollered out the back door to him that it was almost nap time.  He said,  "Give me five minute, mama.  I playin' baseball!" 

 
 Speaking of Myles..... One day last week,  I was at the store  trying to get my shopping done when McKenzie called me.  She asked me if there was anything that could be done about Clorox on carpet.  At that moment I just couldn't deal with it and I told her there was nothing I could do about it from the store.  I had just hung up with her when my phone rang again and it was Marc saying,  "Guess what your son just did?"  I told him that I had already heard and would they please wait until I got home next time to share such great news!?  When I got home his bedroom windows were open with a fan in the window.  Our house smelled like an indoor pool!  He had gotten out of bed and sprayed Clorox cleaning spray all over his room!  He ruined several shirts, a sheet set and there are now a few bleached out spots on the carpet.  It definitely could have been worse.  I know one thing, I will not be replacing their carpet until all of our boys are much bigger!  In that same week he flushed some objects down the toilet and had it completely stopped up. That was a late night mess cleaning up that disaster! 

 
I started this post hours ago.  It is now evening and I am sitting here waiting on Mariah to finish correcting her math lesson.  It's only 8:30 and I would love to go crawl in the bed!  We have a Valentine's party to go to tomorrow and co-op classes.  Rumor has it that we are getting some more bad weather.  We seldom get pretty snow here.  It is usually lots of ice and a little snow.  We have had one really pretty "big" snow since we have lived in this area.  We got probably four inches on Valentine's day several years ago.  Having warmer weather lately has me spoiled.  I am ready for spring!
Well, I am off to get some more grading done so I can call it a night!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Don't you just LOVE getting those kind of phone calls? I'm with you- if there is nothing I can do about it, wait till I get home to tell me! Your Myles is a trip! We've had the objects flushed down the toilet numerous times and you are right, that mess is horrible! It was so nice to see you the other night and your beautiful family. Thank you for being real on your blog- comforts me that other families deal with the same types of challenges we do! Enjoy the cold weather- ugh. I'm ready for Spring also.

Matthew said...

We've always appreciated Mr Ham as well-have even been blessed to hear him in person a couple of times. The trip to the Creation museum is well worth it too! It seemed like Mr. Nye was much more of a politician than anything with all the appeals to the tax payers and voters....

Enjoy all that beef-nothing like being able to "shop" from your freezer! :)

Stay safe if y'all get the snow or worse the ice :/

Blessings,

Matthew