Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Shopping With Mariah

Yesterday I was driving the girls home from their piano lesson. Madeline was discussing her Christmas shopping and the fact that she hadn't gotten McKenzie anything yet. I asked her if she had any ideas and Mariah spoke up and said, "I am getting her toilet water." I thought she was being silly and I laughed and said, "Well, that is really nice Mariah." She said, "She likes toilet water." I told her to quit being silly. She very indignantly said, "The stuff she sprays on. She told me it is toilet water." I told her that McKenzie was pulling her leg and she kept on saying that it really was toilet water. When we got home she marched upstairs and brought me a bottle of perfume that said "Eau de toilette". I will never convince her otherwise!

This evening I took Mariah out to get her shopping done. Last year she did her shopping at Kohls and it got pretty expensive for me, and I am not sure she ever really worked her debt off! :o) I decided to take her to Dollar General to shop this year. She got her little basket and set off to find the perfect gifts. She grabbed an item and put it in her basket for Madeline and then it was off to find something for Matthew. She picked up a UGA coffee thermos. I told her that Matthew doesn't drink coffee so something else might be better. She said, "Ok, how about this?" as she tossed a mug into her basket. I suggested a ball cap for her daddy. She looked at the price tag and said, "Oh, $8 is way too much!" Next on her list was McKenzie. She came to a big bin of really colorful socks. She grabbed two pair really fast and threw them in her basket. She said, "McKenzie will really make a fool out of them." (Still not sure exactly what she meant by that.) She found a couple of things for the little boys and then it was just me she had left. She was seriously considering a pack of paper towels for me when McKenzie stepped in to help out. I was waiting at the front of the store. She came up there and I told her I would help her check out. She quickly said, "You can help me, but I don't want you to see the bracelet." I started laughing and she never did get it!
Yes, shopping with Mariah this year was a memory I won't forget!




These are a few pictures that McKenzie took of her the other day. The third one really shows her personality!

*Oh, and thanks Doris from Holland for leaving the comment. That was pretty neat to hear from someone so far away.

No comments: