Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Well, it is Sunday night and I am just now writing a Father's Day post. I am tired and bleary-eyed, but I am determined to get it done!

I am very blessed to still have my father and for him to be in such good health. He is 85 years old and in great shape. My dad is one of the most gentle, patient men I know. He was a great dad and now he is an awesome grandpa. My mom has been in poor health for several years now and my dad takes such good care of her. He truly is an example of loving sacrificially.



It has become a tradition for "Pa" to dive into his pool every summer. The kids always cheer him on as we take pictures for "proof" that he did it! He inspires me to take care of myself. I hope when I am 85 that I am in as good of shape as he is. :o)



The dive...


I love you dad! Thanks for loving unconditionally, being patient when I am sure raising teenage daughters was not fun and now for loving all of my children!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


There is the saying that you often marry someone like your father. That was not the case for me! :o) Marc has a totally different personality than my dad. There are qualities that I admire in both of them.


Marc is a strong leader and has never wavered on what he believes in. I may not always understand the decisions he makes for our family, but there has been such blessing when we follow him. It seems like we often go against the flow and sometimes that can be hard. I am grateful that he is willing to stand for what is right. When he is wrong he is the first to admit it. He is also the patient one when I have reached my limit with the children. He has been a faithful husband, a good provider and an awesome daddy! The proof can be seen each evening when I hear a little voice scream "daddy's home" as they race down the driveway to "ride home" with him. The joke around here is that mama worries about everything and daddy is the fun one. I am thankful that my three sons have a Godly example and I have told my girls they need to marry someone like their daddy. If they find a man that has a heart to follow the Lord like their daddy does they will be very blessed!

Happy Father's Day Marc! As your teenage daughter would say, "You're the bomb!" :o)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Sweet post about both your father and Marc. Don't really know your father, but knowing how he cares for your mother speaks volumes of his life. I do know Marc, and he is one of the most faithful examples of a Godly father that I know... The proof is in the children that you two are raising. You both (and the family) are blessings to me! LOVE the pic of all your men folk!