Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Pa!

Today is my dad's 84th birthday. I have lots of good memories of my dad. He is one of the most patient people I know. It takes a lot to ruffle his feathers. When we were little he would come home from work and take his tie and glasses off. He would lay down on the floor and all of us kids would climb all over him! Can you imagine coming home to that after working all day!? If it bothered him, he never let on! I rememeber lots of nights rocking with him in our big rust colored rocker. As we got older and he had three teenage daughters at one time he was still so laid back. I know we had to be so irritating at times, but he never said anything. He is very long suffering. :>)

He is now a grandpa to 14 grandkids. I think it is his calm demeanor that makes even the littlest ones love him. My kids have lots of good memories with him. I asked them to tell me a memory or what they loved about him and this is what they said.

McKenzie: "I have good memories of taking walks with him and spending one on one time with him. What I admire about him is his unwavering devotion to what he believes in."

Matthew: "When I was little and he would take me to breakfast at Huddle House. You (mom) would always tell him to scoop the butter off my grits and he would always leave a little. Also, the way he thinks I always do a good job when I cut his grass."

Madeline: "I love climbing the tree with him."

Mariah: "My funnest memory is when I went to their house this summer and got to swim late at night by myself with him."

Malachi: "Love" I kept asking him what he loved about Pa and he would say, " Yes, I Love." I guess that sums it up! :>)

Myles I am sure will love him when he gets bigger too!

Here are some picture that McKenzie took this fall. The girls were taking a walk with him. I thought they were sweet and saved them for his birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! We all love you very much!