Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ramblings

(Almost) 29 Weeks (My blog counter is a little off, and yes...... everyday counts!)
I went to my midwife today. I had to have the glucose tolerance test. I passed it with flying colors. My last pregnancy I passed it too, but my baby was 10lb. 12 oz. I am really praying that this baby will be a little smaller. I had a big jump in my weight this time. She basically told me that everything I have been eating was not good and to start eating lots of protein. I can't stand protein for some reason right now. I have been living off of cereal, fruit, raw vegetables and ice cream. I came home and fixed a salad with boiled egg on it. I normally like eggs, but right now I don't. About an hour later I went out to check on our pregnant goat. We have had a hen sitting on a pile of eggs for about a month now. Two babies have hatched out and she pretty much abandoned the other eggs. I decided to toss the old eggs out in the woods. There were actually four more babies that had died because she wasn't sitting on them. The smell was horrible! I have been close to vomiting since I came back in!! Not pleasant! Other than feeling like a beached whale the pregnancy is going well.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other baby news! My sister gave birth to a baby girl this past Monday. I had hoped to be able to be at the birth, but because she is two hours away and our busy schedule I didn't know if it would work out. It is amazing how things always work out. The Lord blessed her with an easy delivery and a beautiful, healthy baby girl named Lily Katherine. This was my fourth birth to witness (other than my own!) and it is always so amazing!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other exciting news. I think we have finally turned a corner with potty-training Malachi! He is now going tee tee on his own (he had been wetting his pants unless we remembered to take him.) Now if we can get the other down pat we will be set! I really don't want two in diapers!!

It has been a hot summer so far. We have been spending the late evenings outside because the days are so miserable. It is hard to drag the kids in for bath time!


An evening of picking from the garden. We discovered raised bed gardening this year. It has been so much easier to grow things.

Off to bed!

3 comments:

Abigail and Lydia said...

Great post! I was glad you were able to come to the birth. It was fun!!! = ) Did you like any of the M names we came up with?!?!?! Some of them were quite enteresting! Thats a cute picture of Madeline, and Mariah! Have a great day!

~lydia~

Gran said...

Good post, Marcy. I am proud of you. Didn't know about the baby chickens. What a mean Mama to go off and leave her eggs. I can't see you eating anymore eggs any time soon.

Marcy said...

Fun read Momma!
No more playing with old eggs:)

Blessings...
McKenzie Elizabeth