Monday, March 23, 2009

Thirteen Weeks

Your Baby's Growth and Development Thirteen Weeks

By the end of pregnancy week 13 your baby looks like a tiny yet fully formed baby. While your baby's head is still quite large, his body is starting to catch up. Your baby's eyes are starting to move closer together by pregnancy 13 weeks. Up until this point in time they rested closely along the sides of the head. Your baby's intestines are also moving further into their body, and your baby's tiny pancreas starts producing insulin, which will be vital for regulating your baby's sugar levels later in life!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am beginning to wonder if I am ever going to feel good again! I normally start getting "sick" around week 8 or 9 and feel better by week 15. With this pregnancy I started getting sick at week 6 so I had hoped to be feeling better by now. I think I have felt worse the last week than I have the whole time! I am sick if I don't eat and sick if I do. I have even tried eating small, light meals all day. Nothing seems to help.


Yesterday I was able to have a sonogram at a local pregnancy center. I was used as a "model". I was amazed at the growth since the last time I saw it (I think at around nine weeks). He/she jumped around a little bit and then settled into a cradle like position and appeared to be sucking it's thumb. My husband and I are hoping that is a "sign" of a calm baby! We could use that after our last little guy! He is constant energy and motion. When he is missing there is a state of panic in the house. You never know what he might be getting into. This weekend when all the kids were in the bed my husband and I were buzzing around getting stuff done. He went into the playroom and found a HUGE butcher knife in the middle of Malachi's toys! Needless to say the knives are now out of the drawer and into a cabinet. Here are a few pictures of Malachi!

3 comments:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Congratulations...that is so awesome! What a great blessing from the Lord!
In Christ, Elizabeth Williams

Abigail and Lydia said...

I love your blog! The name is very cute! ; ) Those are cute pictures of Malachi!
Have a great day,
Lydia

Abigail and Lydia said...

I can't wait to see if your having a girl or a boy. I think that Millicent is a beautiful name. Have you ever considered Malory? I've had a hard time coming up with boy names for you. :) Tell McKenzie I said hello! I hope she is having a wonderful time. I'll have to call her after she comes back!
Abigail~